Friday, October 10, 2008

Hello Peoples!!! I hope you are having a great day! Before I go on with this post, I just want to deal with one issue. In my last post, I dabbled in a little political talk, which I will probably do again. It appears that at least one person may have been offended by it. So, let me clear up for all you Christian Democrats. In no way was I implying that you could not be a Christian and a Democrat at the same time. Nor, was it my intention (nor, in fact, did I) judge anyone's heart. My observations are just that, my observations, and, held by others, also, I might add. I believe everyone is accountable to God for their actions, not to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, including me, I hope. No hard feelings!

Okay, that said!

So today, Gracie stayed home from school today because she was supposed to have an appt. with her pediatrician. she's been having some tummy pain. I think it may be scar tissue from her stomach surgeries. For those of you who are just starting to keep up with our family, our 4th child, Gracie, has some severe congenital anomalies of the heart and abdomen. She has what is called Heterotaxy syndrome with asplenia. She has had malrotation of the bowel with 2 obstructions over the years which brought her close to death at least once. She has had 3 heart surgeries (2 of them open heart) and 2 stomach surgeries. She has anaphylaxis to dairy and almost died from that at 9 months (she was resuscitated). As I said she is asplenic, so she takes antibitotics everyday for that. She is a single ventricle and has pulmonary stenosis and a double SVC. She is a completed Fontan now. Last year she became very ill and was septic, again, she almost died and ended up in Boston. God is sooooo gracious and saw her through this trial safely. She has recently been diagnosed with Klippel Fiel Syndrome for which she is supposed to have an increased risk for paralysis and even death. Now, her neurosurgeon has limited the activities that she can participate in, understandably. So, that was the crash course on Gracie, back to her tummy. So, she's been having pain, which I think may be scar tissue and she was supposed to go to the dr. today (so I kept her home) but he didn't come in to the office today. Just a side note, if you see Gracie (and for those of you that know her) you would never guess she has all these issues. She's very tenacious, bright, hardworking and has a smile that will win you over with one glance!


and here she is.....Gracie Lane!!!!!

So, you could keep her in your prayers, please. Samuel Isaac was supposed to go to the doc today for a follow-up for his beestings, but obviously, he won't go either. So, I'll move on with the rest of the day's plan. I'm having a yard-sale, so I'm gonna go set up for that!
Love you All!
Lindy

3 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Sorry your tummy hurts Gracie:( What is her new diagnosis all about? We love catching up on your new blog. Katy just set me up on Face Book, haven't seen it yet myself but I think she invited you to be my friend. Judson has microphthalmia which means he has a small blind eye and will need a prosthetic. Look up a previous blog and it will explain it all.

Love you

Alicia and Jennifer

John said...

gracie sure has grown from the baby that I remember in your little house down the road from ours in Ohatchee. We prayed so hard for you when she was born and they were trying to figure out all her problems and how to treat them......and I guess it is easy to think "oh, she's ok now and just a normal 10 year old" when really, she still needs our prayers just as much as she did then. Thanks for the pictures of all the kids, I love pics. Reminds me I need to get more on my blog....

John said...

That was Stacey that posted, not John

Stacey